Debit Card Travel Tips
May 14, 2014
Do you have travel plans this summer? If you do and you plan to use your ANBTX Debit Card for purchases while traveling in the US or abroad, here are a few tips you might consider:
- It’s always a good idea to alert the bank of your travel plans to avoid blocked or delayed transactions.
- Don’t rely solely on your Debit Card for purchases. Instead, have several forms of payment available.
- If your card does not work when you use it for a credit transaction, try using it as a debit transaction instead. Sometimes, if fraud has been suspected, credit transactions will be blocked automatically.
- Debit Cards will not work in some countries at all: South Korea, Estonia, Albania, Romania, Lithuania, and Azerbaijan. Additionally, some high risk debit card transactions may be blocked due to current known fraud patterns both here in the US and abroad.
- Remember to keep your contact information with the bank current so we can get in touch with you quickly if fraud is suspected.
ANBTX will make every effort to contact customers who we believe have become a victim of fraud. We urge our customers to contact our customer service department at 1-800-837-6584 as soon as suspicious activity is noticed. Cards can also be reported lost or stolen within ANBTX Online Banking.